Video image quality has made significant advances in just the past five years, only slightly faster than consumer’s expectations. Coherent Design is at the forefront of video system design. Be it large scale image magnification for a theatre, house of worship or concert venue, or detailed presentation video for a conference room, educational facility or command and control center, our engineers have the skills and knowledge to deliver our client’s goals and needs.
We provide design and consultancy for various video applications including the following:
- Large scale video projection systems for image magnification in theatres, houses of worship, and concert venues
- Videoconferencing and tele-presence systems for corporate and educational venues
- Reactive and interactive video walls
- Interior and exterior LED video walls
- 3-D projection mapping onto building facades
- Video production and post production in resolutions up to Ultra HD
- Digital signage and digital way finding
- Concert Systems
- Distributed Audio
- Networked Digital Audio
- Production Intercom
- Recording and Production Studios
We design our performance audio systems utilizing advanced computer modeling such as EASE, MAPP, and Array-Calc to deliver the highest degree of design accuracy which—when coupled with our engineering team’s many years of real world experience our designs offer a high degree of accuracy and system performance predictability.
A great theatre is not just good sightlines and comfortable seating — a great theatre connects the audience and actor, creating a lively exchange of energy. We apply our understanding of this symbiotic interaction between observer and performer to create passionate spaces where theatre comes to life. By understanding how you will use the space, we can then take an integrated approach toward resolving technical issues like seating and sightlines while maintaining the room’s design and intent. As the space evolves, we will give you a three-dimensional visualization of the space using renderings and models, so you have a clear idea of how it will feel and function once completed.
- Exploration of size, form, and actor-audience relationship
- Auditorium volume, form, seating layout, sightlines, and patron experience
- Audience circulation and accessibility
- Stage and back-of-house layouts, technical features and functionality
Performing arts facilities are unique and complex buildings: the front of the building serves the public, while the back acts as a second home and workshop for the performers, technicians and staff, and – when well-designed —acts as an efficient factory for creative craftsmanship. These two worlds converge in the auditorium, where audience and performers create the art we all love.
We speak the language of theatre construction and design. With our diverse backgrounds, we are well-versed in the needs of everyone involved with the building. We translate well among architects, performers, technicians, and designers, helping keep the complicated details of these buildings clear to everyone on the project team. We meticulously scrutinize every detail to deliver the very best in our projects.
- Site planning and construction details
- Building layouts, organization and traffic flow
- Design coordination, plan review, and trades coordination
A great theatre experience is a lot like an iceberg the 10% that is seen is only possible due to the support of the 90% that isn’t. What goes on behind the scenes makes what happens on stage seem like magic: whether that’s a flawless scene change, a brilliant lighting design, or subtle staging effect. We design the systems that transform equipment into magic efficiently, safely, and invisibly.
Theatrical equipment demands much from the building’s structural, electrical, and mechanical systems. We define and coordinate the demanding requirements of this equipment into efficient and user-friendly systems that will serve the facility for years to come.
- Stage machinery and rigging systems
- Stage and orchestra lifts
- Stage lighting systems
- Stage curtains and tracks
- Platforming systems
Good acoustics are essential for all types of performance venues. Whether the medium is music, singing, the spoken word or a combination of all three, the acoustic quality of your facility will impact the experience for both your audience and performers. We work with the design team to create spaces that sound as good as they look.
- Room acoustics, with analysis and recommendations of all reflective and absorptive surfaces
- Building acoustics, particularly the impact of mechanical and plumbing systems
- Noise and vibration control
The building is the network: all modern theatrical systems rely on connectivity and constant communication to work harmoniously. Wireless, fiber optic, and robust copper networks are essential to the success of any modern facility, and they require proper planning and design. Layout of IT rooms, proper cabling and trunking pathways, and coordination of mechanical systems, among other disciplines, are all essential parts of delivering a robust, reliable facility data infrastructure system.
- Fiber and copper networks
- ELV infrastructure
- Building Security and Access Control
- Surveillance Systems